Specialising in Inland Waterway Craft in the UK

Narrowboat Surveys Ltd principal marine surveyor is Paul Smith who offers a range of services for UK inland waterway craft.

Paul was born into a narrowboating family, extensively cruising the canal and river network on a converted FMC Josher. Having gained an engineering degree, Paul moved into the marine surveying industry in 1997. He has attained a Diploma in Marine Surveying, and is a member of the Yacht Designers & Surveyors Association (YDSA).

Paul offers the following services and he carries full Professional Indemnity Insurance backed by YDSA.

Boat Safety Scheme Inspections

Inspections to enable the craft to obtain a BSS Certificate.
If the boat falls short of the published requirements, then details as to how conformity can be achieved are provided.

The Boat Safety Scheme (BSS), operated jointly by Canal & River Trust and the Environment Agency, defines minimum requirements regarding installations & equipment aboard a vessel.

Recreational Craft Regulations

A comprehensive service to assist you in compliance with the Recreational Craft Regulations [formally Recreational Craft Directive]. This includes advice during the build and a final inspection, and Post Construction Assesssment. All the paperwork required, including the Owner's Manual and the Declaration of Conformity, is produced for you.